quinta-feira, 10 de setembro de 2009

Alien Constructions - Science Fiction and Feminist Throught



Introduction: Science Fiction’s Alien Constructions

PART I
Difference, Identity, and Colonial Experience in Feminist Science Fiction
1. Cultural Chameleons: Anticolonial Identities and Resistance in Octavia E. Butler’s Survivor and Dawn
2. The Alien in Us: Metaphors of Transgression in the Work of Octavia E. Butler

PART I I
Technologies and Gender in Science Fiction Film
3. Technoscience’s Stepdaughter: The Feminist Cyborg in Alien Resurrection
4. Our Bodies as Our Selves: Body, Subjectivity, and (Virtual) Reality in The Matrix

PART I I I
Posthuman Embodiment: Deviant Bodies, Desire, and Feminist Politics
5. The Anatomy of Dystopia: Female Technobodies and the Death of Desire in Richard Calder’s Dead Girls
6. Beyond Binary Gender: Genderqueer Identities and Intersexed Bodies in Octavia E. Butler’s Wild Seed and Imago and Melissa Scott’s Shadow Man

Conclusion
notes
bibliography
index



Alien Constructions - Science Fiction and Feminist Throught [ Download ]